How you look and dress for any court appearance can affect your case. The time you have to make an impression upon the prosecuting attorney and the judge is limited so make it count and make it a good one. Judges and prosecutors have commented on what my clients’ wear to court – so they do look and notice you.
Dress Code for MEN
- Active Duty Military – Uniform may be appropriate (call to discuss)
- Solid Navy suit, single breasted
- Dress shoes
- White shirt (clean and pressed)
- Solid color tie
- No earrings or tattoos or facial hair
- No jewelry other than a wedding band and watch
- Short hair or military style cut
Dress Code for Women
- A conservative dress coming below the knees. (NO short shirts or dresses)
- Close-toed shoes of medium or flat height
- No jewelry other than a wedding set or band and a plain necklace.
- Wear neutral colored nylons